lundi 8 décembre 2008

Sète and the sea all around it:




















Sete is one of my favorite places in the world and luckily for me, this year I’m not very far from it. Just image: a sort of hill surrounded by the sea, with wide beaches and a maritime cemetery, with oysters and sun. At the top of the hill you have a breathtaking view of the surroundings and of the Isle of Thau.


The town resembles a little bit with Venice, in the sense that it also has channels that cross it and that offer it a particular charm. Instead of gondolas people use small boats to travel around and a lot of them are fishermen.


















I love the color and the smell of the sea here. I love the terrace next to “The Sea Theatre”. I like the idea that they have a sea theatre. I find it very touching that local people brought small objects in connection with the sea and deposed them on the graves of their beloved ones, buried in the maritime cemetery. I love the sea fruits. I love to see the Isle bathed into a red sunset…



Aucun commentaire: